I’m seriously thinking of starting a semi- homemade tab on my site because I’ve been whipping up a lot of dishes with a lot less work these days and as a busy working mom, I cannot tell you how wonderful is is. I love spending less time in the kitchen and more time with my family, or setting aside some time for myself. I grabbed some truffle mushroom ravioli from Whole Foods and wanted to make something a little more fancy than a basic marinara sauce for these so I set out to make a creamy balsamic sauce and the end result was absolutely DELICIOUS- like restaurant quality delicious. You could find all sorts of ravioli in the refrigerated section of the super market these days so feel free to try whatever you can find! The main star here is the sauce!!
If you’re celebrating something special and want to indulge this is a great recipe to make together with your partner or something to surprise them with ! Pairs perfectly with a glass of wine! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
If you try it, tag me on @thechutneylife so I can see all the “hard” work 🙂 Happy Eating!
Semi HomeMade Truffle Ravioli in a Parmesan & Balsamic Cream Sauce
- 8.8 oz package Mushroom Truffle Ravioli
- 2 tbsp butter 1
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tsp finely grated garlic
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- handful arugula for garnish
- 1 tsp oil
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Drain and set aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter and oil until the butter is foamy. Add the diced onoin, rosemary, and cook on medium to medium low heat slowly until the onions begin to soften and get slightly golden.
- Add the garlic, stir until garlic is fragrant but not brown. Next, add the heavy cream, bring it to a simmer and then reduce the heat all the way to low so it is at a slow gentle simmer. Add the balsamic glaze, dijon mustard chili flakes, nutmeg and salt and stir until well combined.
- With the heat on low, Add in the parmesan cheese in small amounts, stirring well after each addition to ensure it melts smoothly into the sauce. Sauce should be slightly thickened from the addition of the cheese. Add in the ravioli, gently toss in the sauce and remove from heat.
- Finish with arugula, freshly cracked black pepper and additional sprinkling of parmesan cheese and chili flakes. Enjoy hot!
- Taste for salt and add as needed as the balsamic reduction is salty and sweet and the parmesan cheese adds salt as well. Adjust the amount of cream, balsamic glaze, and parmesan cheese based on preference of creaminess, and sweetness from balsamic.