This kale salad will turn serious salad haters into believers !! This recipe was inspired greatly by one of my favorite food blogs, The Smitten Kitchen! Trying her version was a serious game changer and over time I made my own variations and ended up with this recipe that I’m sharing with you today!
My version of this salad has the addition of bright juicy grapes that stands up SO well against the garlicky bitterness of the kale! Some toasted walnuts for a crunch factor and sprinkle of pecorino romano brings the entire dish together. I cannot get ENOUGH! This salad is perfect for the summer, to take to a bbq or just to enjoy every week night! I legit never ever have leftovers when I make this!!
Tuscan kale aka Lacinato kale is sooo much better than then its famous counterpart- regular Kale so if you don’t like basic kale, I don’t blame you- but I do urge you to try this salad! Also- when you’re using an olive oil based vinaigrette be sure to use a high quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil like This Lucini Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil .
Also, one of my favorite tools in the kitchen is This Microplane! It grates garlic into a paste like consistency and powders pecorino romano so so beautifully! It’s my go to gadget in the kitchen!
Happy Eating! 🙂
Tuscan Kale Salad with Grapes , Toasted Walnuts & Honey Garlic Vinaigrette
Yield 4 Servings
- 1 bunch Tuscan (lacinato) kale, hard stem removed and leaves cut into small ribbons
- 2 cups grapes purple & green, quartered
- 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated as garnish
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil ( Use a high quality olive oil like This Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar
TIP: Hold each of the kale leaves upside down. Use one hand to hold the stem in place. Use your other hand and slide the leaves down and away from the stem. Then roll up each of the Kale leaves and slice thinly to get ribbons.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Add dressing into the kale leaves and combine very well. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add grapes & walnuts to the salad and toss gently. Topp off with generous amount of freshly grated pecorino romano and enjoy!
Leave A Comment