Guys, I LOVE me a good veggie pizza- and I love pizzas even more in the summer time because its a one pan clean up for the most part! I make my own arugula jalapeno pesto for this recipe but feel free to take a short cut and use a store bought pesto instead!
I used my favorite Stone Fire pizza crust which is available in most grocery stores but there are TONS of options these days so choose whatever you like! If you want it crips- make sure to toast up the crust in the oven for a bit before adding all the toppings on to it.
You can also switch out your choice of veggies or add in additional ones like some cherry tomatoes (so delish roasted) and some carrots, cauliflower etc.
As always, check out @thechutneylife for the latest and happy eating 🙂
Roasted Veggie Flatbread with Jalapeno Arugula Pesto
- 1 bell pepper, diced medium
- 1 red onion , diced medium
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 9 oz bag broccoli florets (slice the big florets into thinner florets)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz container sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapenos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt & pepper
Flatbread of your choice ( I used stone fire pizza crust)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large baking tray, arrange the mushrooms and zucchini and in a separate baking sheet, arrange the peppers, onions and broccoli. Drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and place in the oven. Let cook for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the vegetables have started to brown (the crispier the better). Once this happens, rotate the sheet pan, flip the veggies with a large spatula and cook again until the veggies are browned on both sides.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and sprinkle with garlic powder while still hot.
- Decrease the temperature to 350 degrees and place the flatbread or prepared pizza crust in the oven for about 6-8 minutes until the bottom of the crust has crisped (brushing the bottom of the crust with a little olive oil will help get it crisp).
- Remove flatbread/pizza from oven and spread it evenly with the ricotta cheese, pesto, and then top it with veggies and mozzarella.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for about 5-6 minutes to let the mozzarella melt and the pizza edges brown slightly.
- Remove from oven, top with chili flakes, additional dollops of pesto and cut & serve hot!
For the Pesto:
- In a food processor add the arugula, jalapeno,walnuts and garlic in and pulse until finely mixed and smooth.
- With the food processor on, one hand on the lid, use the other hand to drizzle in about 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and keep blending until you get a smooth pesto like consistency (may need more or less oil).
- Remove from food processor, into a bowl and add in lemon juice and salt to taste.