We make smoothies a lot in our house, especially when Shaan baby is having a bit of a fussy phase. Its nutrient dense, easy to make & clean, and you don’t need your little ones to sit still for it! Of course this recipe is also totally adult friendly and makes enough for two to three people so it’s a great way to start your day as a family! I’m always searching the internet for a toddler friendly green smoothie and after many trials and errors this one has been our go to ! Here are some tips on making this smoothie!
How to Make a Smoothie:
- Frozen Fruit: This recipe calls for frozen mango but you can substitute it with any other frozen or fresh fruit. Frozen fruit gives a nice texture to the smoothie plus during the winter months when a lot of our favorite fruits aren’t in season- frozen is the way to go !!
- Milk Base: I used whole milk in this recipe but you can substitute it with your choice of almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk!
- Greens: I use just a handful of spinach in this recipe because any more and the smoothie turns a little too bitter for Shaans liking! Kale would be a fine substitute or you can totally skip it!
- Avocado & Banana: I add banana for sweetness and avocado for its healthy fat properties, gorgeous color plus it makes your smoothie super creamy!
How to Blend a Smoothie:
I use my vitamin blender to make smoothies and find it makes the most lump free and silky smooth smoothie but nutribullet or any blender will do! I like to add in all of the ingredients and then just pulse a few times until I completely blend it. If your smoothie looks too thick, add some more milk and if it looks to watery, you can additionally add more avocado or banana!
Nutritious & Flavorful add ins:
- Spoonful of nut butter like almond or cashew butter
- spoonful of chia seeds or hemp hearts
- Handful of berries to add some sweetness and tartness
I hope you all enjoy this smoothie as much as my family does and if you do make it, be sure to tag me on @thechutneylife so I can see your wonderful creations! Happy Eating!!