I am so excited to share these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burritos with you today! They make for a great dinner, or weekend lunch and are packed with so much flavor and texture. The chipotle sauce in these burritos brings everything together and doubling the match might be a smart idea. I love adding my One Pot Mexican Rice to these burritos, but if you skip it, or use just plain cooked rice, it will also work and be just as good!
A few shortcuts to make your life easy:
- Peel and dice the sweet potato the night before and refrigerate until they’re ready to hit the oven!
- Make the sauce up to 2 days ahead and refrigerate- it makes things go a lot quicker!
- While the sweet potatoes cook in the oven, work on your sauce and beans!
How to make this recipe healthy-ish:
- Substitute the regular tortillas for an almond flour tortilla like Siete Foods .
- Skip the Tortillas and cheese all together and enjoy a black bean and roasted sweet potato bowl with some greens on the side and use the chipotle sauce as a dressing.
- Substitute the mayonnaise in the chipotle sauce for full fat greek yogurt.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Canned Black Beans
- Sweet Potatoes
- Chipotle in Adobo
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- One Pot Mexican Rice (or any premade Mexican-ish Rice or Plain White Cooked Rice)
Don’t forget to leave your tortillas out for a bit so they are soft and pliable enough to roll into a burrito. If you forget- just pop them in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
Also, rolling these into burritos can prove to be a bit difficult so feel free to make them into a quesadilla! Much easier and same great taste ? As always, don’t forget to tag me on @thechutneylife so I can see all of your wonderful creations ?