If you love salad, and you love pasta- here is your chance to enjoy them both together!! This tandoori chicken caesar pasta salad is so damn good. I used store bought dressing and bagged chopped romaine to make things move along quicker- and I’m VERY happy with the results to say the least! The seasoning and juices from the chicken ends up mixing into the entire salad and dressing so well as you toss it- so you don’t really need to “doctor” the dressing! THe addition of cucumbers and radishes gives this salad some crunch and brightness and fresh cilantro reminds you that it’s not your basic caesar salad!!
You can adjust how much pasta/dressing/chicken you want in this sald.
ALSO, I swear by this Calphalon Grill Pan for my chicken!!
How to prep ahead of time for this:
- Pre-cook the pasta and keep it in tupperware in the refrigerator.
- chop the radishes & cucumbers ahead of time (should be fresh for 2 days or so)
- Marinate the chicken breasts ahead of time or cook a bunch of chicken breasts at one time.
Substitutions & Additions:
- Adding onion, tomatoes, chickpeas and/or cashews to this salad would be delicious!
- Swap the romaine for some Kale or even a spinach/romaine/mixed green blend.
- You can leave out the chicken or sub the chicken for paneer. You could also sub the chicken for shrimp or salmon.
- Use a more nutritious pasta like red lentil pasta or chickpea pasta.
The dressing I used for this: Marie’s Caesar Dressing which can be found with the other refrigerated salad dressings.
Other dressings I like: Tessemae’s Caesar Dressing & Tessemae’s Cilantro Lime Ranch (Both have great clean ingredients, can be purchased online or at Whole Foods)
Happy Eating ?