I’m a huge fan of chicken in the Instant Pot because the high pressure mode results in some seriously juicy, tender, fall a part chicken- and that’s both adult AND toddler friendly. We started giving Shaan this chicken soup right around the 10 month mark and it quickly became his favorite. If you’re doing baby led weaning, and want to encourage self feeding you can leave the chicken in longer chunkier pieces (after it’s cooked) rather then shredding it up too finely!
Once this soup is done cooking, it might seem like it’s too soupy but once you shred up the chicken and throw it back in, it will thicken slightly. It will also continue to thicken as it sits in the fridge.
Optional Ad Ins:
- Cooked pasta, or rice at the very end once the soup has finished cooking
- Handful of chopped spinach or a cube of this freezer friendly spinach puree
- You can add vegetables like sweet potatoes, potatoes, green beans in place of the veggies called for in this recipe
- We’re currently using the 4 Moms High Chair (the third high chair we got & finally loved!) because its easy to clean, the seat height is adjustable, and although it doesn’t have wheels it is still super easy to move around. The tray can also be removed with one hand which is absolutely necessary!
- If you’re little one is a little fussy like mine, we like to have this waterproof book on hand to keep him occupied (it’s meant for the bath but works great for messy meal times since it can be washed!).
- Oh, and if you’re concerned about turmeric stains, or stains in general ruining your little one’s clothes, I swear by soaking all of Shaan’s clothes in a bucket of Oxi Clean Powder & water over night and then throwing them in the wash the next day. I’ve also heard Shout Cleaning Spray works great!
- Tired of chopping SO MANY DAMN vegetables for your kids meals?! You NEED to get my favorite chopper on Amazon to make you’re life easier!