Chicken Kheema Lettuce Wraps with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Yield 2 people
1 lb. ground chicken
1.5 cups onion, diced small
2 green chilis, finely diced
1 cup cilantro, chopped finely
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander-cumin powder (aka "dhana-jiru)
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
Boston or Bibb Lettuce
2 Tbsp oil
Cucumber Yogurt sauce:
1/2 cup cucumber, diced small
1 container greek yogurt (7 oz.)
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
salt & pepper
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add cumin and green chilis and saute until cumin sizzles.
- Add chopped onions and continue to stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, coriander-cumin powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro and chicken to pot. Using the back of a wooden spoon, cook the chicken while breaking it up as small as you can.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink ,about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, assemble into washed lettuce leaves and top with cucumber yogurt sauce.
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/uncategorized/chicken-kheema-lettuce-wraps-w-cucumber-yogurt-sauce/