Samosa Grilled Cheese
Yield 6 Sandwiches
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
Few dashes Asofeteida (hing powder)
1 garlic clove, grated
2 teaspoons coriander-cumin powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 small onion, finely diced
3 potatoes, peeled boiled and diced
Salt to taste
Sliced American Cheese (I use Amul sliced cheese)
Tamarind -Date Chutney
Quick Sweet Chutney:
Combine the following ingredients:
1/2 cup Apple butter
1 teaspoon coriander cumin powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
6 tbsp water
- In a non stick skillet add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing and let crackle.
- Add diced onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander cumin powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add potatoes, salt to taste, and continue to stir and combine all ingredients.
- Using the back of a spoon or a potato masher, smash the potatoes gently and continue to stir. ( I like to keep it a half smashed kind of consistency).
- Remove from heat.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add a little bit of butter to the pan.
- Lay two slices of bread down on the pan and spread both slices with cilantro chutney.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of the chutney on just one of the bread slices and top it off with a few spoonfuls of the potato mixture.
- Top the potato mixture with a few spoonfuls of the sweet chutney and top with another slice of cheese.
- Using a spatula flip the remaining slice of bread on top and toast both sides of the bread until golden and cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, slice and Enjoy!!
Recipe by The Chutney Life at https://thechutneylife.com/uncategorized/samosa-grilled-cheese/